Reasoning Ability Coded – Inequalities Practice Questions (11 – 09 – 2017)

Mentor for Bank Exams
Reasoning Ability Coded – Inequalities Practice Questions (11 – 09 – 2017)
Directions (1 – 5): In the following questions, the symbols $, @, £, • and # are used with the following meanings as illustrated below: 
‘A $ B' means A is neither greater nor smaller than B 
‘A @ B' means A is neither greater than nor equal to B 
`A £ B' means A is neither smaller than nor equal to B 
‘A • B' means A is not smaller than B 
‘A # B' means A is not greater than B 
In each of the following questions, assuming the given statements to be true, find out which of the two conclusions I and II given below them is/are definitely true. Give answer 
a) if only conclusion I is true. 
b) if only conclusion II is true. 
c) if either conclusion I or II is true. 
d) if neither conclusion I nor II is true. 
e) if both conclusions I and II are true. 
1. Statements: W • P,  P £ G,  G @ I,  I # N 
Conclusions: I. I £ P  II. N # W  
2. Statements: U @ D,  D $ E,  E £ Y,  Y • W  
Conclusions: I. W @ E  II. D £ W 
3. Statements: Z £ N,  N # K,  K $ M,  M @ R 
Conclusions: I. M $ N  II. M £  N 
4. Statements: V • D,  D £ T,  K $ T,  K # F 
Conclusions: I. D £  K  II. T • F  
5. Statements: S $ Q,  Q @ B,  B • K,  K # W 
Conclusions: I. K # S  II. S @ W
Directions (6 – 10): In the following questions the symbols @, +, ©, $, ∆  and ? are used with the following meaning:
P ∆ Q means P is not equal to Q.
P @ Q means P is greater than Q.
P + Q means P is smaller than Q.
P © Q means P is either greater than or equal to Q.
P $ Q means P is either smaller than or equal to Q.
P ? Q means P is equal to Q.
Now in each of the following questions assuming the given statements to be true, find which of the two conclusions I and ll given below them is/are definitely true. Give answer
a) if only conclusion I is true.
b) if only conclusion II is true.
c) if either conclusion l or ll is true. .
d) if neither conclusion I nor ll is true.
e) if both conclusions I and ll are true.
6. Statements: K © M,     M ∆ R,    R ? T
Conclusions: I. K © T  II. M ? T
7. Statements: B+D,      D@N,    N$H
Conclusions: I.H©D  II H©N
8. Statements: M©K,    K@P,   P$N
Conclusions: I. M@N  II.M?N
9. Statements: T$M,     M?Q,     Q+R
Conclusions: I. Q @ T  II.Q ? T
10. Statements: D @ B,   B$T,    T + M
Conclusions: I.M@B  II.T©B
Directions (11 – 15): In the following questions, the symbols @, $, %, # and © are used with the following meanings illustrated—
(i) ‘X @ Y’ means ‘X is not smaller than Y’.
(ii) ‘X $ Y’ means ‘X is not greater than Y’.
(iii) ‘X % Y’ means ‘X is neither smaller than nor equal to Y’.
(iv) ‘X # Y’ means ‘X is neither greater than nor equal to Y’.
(v) ‘X © Y’ means ‘X is neither smaller than nor greater than Y’.
In each of the following questions assuming the given statements to be true, find out which of the two conclusions I and II given below them is/are definitely true. Give answer
a) If only I is true.
b) If only II is true.
c) If either I or II is true
d) If neither I nor II is true.
e) If both I and II are true.
11. Statements:  P $ T,  T @ L,   U % L
Conclusions: I. P @ L II. U©L
12. Statements: A @B,  B%D,   D©K
Conclusions: I. A©K II. B%K
13. Statements:  J # K,   K©L,   P$L
Conclusions: I. P$K II. J#L
14. Statements: T % O,  T # M,   M@ V
Conclusions: I. M % T II. O % V
15. Statements:  K @ T,  T # C,   C $ P
Conclusions: I. C © K II. C % K

Solutions:
(1-5):
> → £; ≥ → ∙; =  → $; @ → <; #  → ≤
1. d)
Statement-W≥P>G<I≤N
Conclusion- I>P, N≤W
2. e)
Statement-  U<D=E>Y≥W
Conclusion- W<E, D>W
3. c)
Statement-  Z>N≤K=M<R
Conclusion- M=N, M>N
4. a)
Statement- V≥D>T=K≤F
Conclusion- D>K, T≥F
5. d)
Statement- S=Q<B≥K≤W
Conclusion- K≤S, S<W
(6 – 10):
∆----   ≠; @----    >; + ----    <; © ----   ≥; $ -----  ≤; ? ------  =
6. d)
Statement-K≥M≠R=T
Conclusion- K≥T, M=T
7. b)
Statement- B<D>N≤H
Conclusion- H≥D, H≥N
8. d)
Statement-M≥K>P≤N
Conclusion- M>N, M=N
9. c)
Statement- T≤M=Q<R
Conclusion- Q>T, Q=T
10. e)
Statement-D>B≤T<M
Conclusion- M>B, T≥B
(11 – 15):
>---%; ≥---@; =---©; <---#; ≤---$
11. d)
Statement-P≤T≥L<U
Conclusion- P≥L, U=L
12. b)
Statement- A≥B>D=K
Conclusion- A=K, B>K
13. e)
Statement- J<K=L≥P
Conclusion- P≤K, J<L
14. a)
Statement- V≤M>T>O
Conclusion-M>T,O>V 
15. d)
Statement- K≥T<C≤P
Conclusion- C=K, C>K