Reasoning Quiz on Syllogism for Bank Exams

Mentor for Bank Exams
Syllogism
Dear Readers,
Welcome to Mentor for Bank Exams. Here I am posting Reasoning Quiz on Syllogism for Bank PO/Clerk Exams. The aspirants who are preparing for IBPS Clerk, IBPS PO, IBPS RRB and other bank exams can make use of this quiz.
Directions (1 – 15): In each question given below three statements are followed by two conclusions numbered I and II,. You have to take the three given statements to be true (even if they seem to be at variance from the commonly known facts). Read the conclusions and decide which logically follows. Answer the questions as follows:
a) If only conclusion I follows
b) If only conclusion II follows
c) If either conclusion I or II follows
d) If neither conclusion I nor II follow
e) If both conclusions I and II follow
1. Statements: All numbers are digits. Some digits are alphabets. Some alphabets are numbers.
Conclusions: I. All digits are numbers II. Some alphabets are not digits  

2. Statements: Some idea are docomo. Some docomo are airtel. No airtel is a bsnl. Some bsnl are idea
Conclusions: I. Some docomo are not bsnl. II. All idea can be airtel

3. Statements: Some idea are docomo. Some docomo are airtel. No airtel is a bsnl. Some bsnl are idea
Conclusions: I. Some bsnl being airtel is a possibility. II. Some docomo not being airtel is a possibility

4. Statements: Some bags are purse. All purse are hand bags. No clutches are purse.
Conclusion: I. Some purse are not bags. II. All hands bags are bags

5. Statements: Only ground floor are basement. No basement is Top floor. All  Top floor are ground floor.
Conclusions: I. No ground floor is top floor. II. Some basement is ground floor.

6. Statements: Some idea are docomo. Some docomo are airtel. No airtel is a bsnl. Some bsnl are idea
Conclusions: I. No bsnl is a idea. II. All docomo being idea is a possibility.

7. Statements: No strong is weak. No flexible is weak. Some soft are both flexible and education. Some education are weak.
Conclusions: I. Some education are not strong. II. Some flexible are not education.

8. Statements: Some walk are good. All good are wealth. Some wealth are bad
Conclusions: I. Some walk are wealth II. All walk are bad

9. Statements: All milkman are happy. All happy are ditch. All ditch are loser.
Conclusions: I. No happy are loser II. All ditch are milkman

10.  Statements: All milkman are happy. All happy are ditch. All ditch are loser.
Conclusions: I. Some ditch are happy. II. Some happy are milkman

11. Statements: All milkman are happy. All happy are ditch. All ditch are loser.
Conclusions: All loser are ditch. II. All milk man are loser.

12. Statements: Some way are road. All road are lane. No lane is street. No underground is street.   
Conclusions: I. All way can be street. II. All road can be street.

13. Statements: Some way are road. All road are lane. No lane is street. No underground is street.   
Conclusions: I. Some street are not road is a possibility. II. Some lane are way is a possibility.

14. Statements: Some toy are pink. All pink are key. Some key are mask. All mask are face
Conclusions: I. All face are mask II. Some face are not mask

15. Statements: Some toy are pink. All pink are key. Some key are mask. All mask are face
Conclusions: I. Some face are key is a possibility. II. Some face are not key is a possibility

Answers:
1)d   2)a   3)b   4)d    5)b   6)b   7)a   8)a   9)d   10)b   11)e   12)d   13)d   14)c    15)b

Solutions:
1. D)
2. A)
3. B)
4. D)
 
5. B)
6. B)
7. A)
8. A)
(9 – 11)
9. D)
10. B)
11. E)
(12 – 13):
12. D)
13. D)
(14 – 15):
14. C)

15. B)