Reasoning Quiz for SBI PO: Syllogism


Dear Readers,
Welcome to the Mentor for Bank Exams. Here I am presenting some sample questions on Syllogism for bank exams. These will be helpful for upcoming exams like SBI PO, IBPS PO/Clerk/RRB. Kindly make use of these!!! 

Directions (1 – 5): In each questions below three statements are followed by two conclusions numbered I and II. You have to take the three given statements to be true (even if they seem to be at varience from the commonly known facts). Read the conclusions and decide which logically follows and give the answers as
a) If only conclusion I follows
b) If only conclusion II follows
c) If either conclusion I or II follows
d) If neither conclusion I nor II follows
e) If both conclusions I and II follow

1. Statements: All numbers are digits. Some digits are alphabets. Some alphabets are numbers.
Conclusions: I. All digits are numbers. II. Some alphabets are not digits.

(2 – 4) Statements: Some Idea are Docomo. Some Docomo are Airtel. No Airtel is BSNL. Some BSNL are Idea.
2. Conclusions: I. Some docomo are not BSNL II. All Idea can be Airtel.
3. Conclusions: I. Some BSNL being Airtel is a possibility. II Some Docomo not being Airtel is a possibility
4. Conclusions: I. No BSNL is a Idea. II. All Docomo being Idea is a possibility.

5. Statements: Some bags are purse. All purse are hand bags. No clutches are purse.
Conclusions: I. Some purse are not bags II. All hand bags are bags

6. Statements: Only ground floor are basement. No basement is Top floor. All Top floor are ground floor
Conclusions: I. No ground floor is top floor. II. Some basement is ground floor

(7 – 8): Statements: Some room are true. No true is a false. All false is familiar. Some familiar are unfamiliar.
7. Conclusions: I. Some room are false. II. All unfamiliar being false is a possibility.
8. Conclusions: I. All false are unfamiliar. II. Some true are familiar.

(9 – 11) Statements: No one is a two. Some two are three. All three are four. Some five are not four.
9. Conclusions: I. All two being four is a possibility. II. All five being one is possibility.
10. Conclusions: I. All three and five are not two II. All four being three is a possibility.
11. Conclusions: I. Some one are four. II. Some four being five is a possibility.

Answers:
1)d   2)a   3)b   4)b   5)d   6)b   7)b   8)d   9)e   10)b   11)b  

Solutions:
1. D)

(2 – 4):
2. A)
3. B)
4. B)

5. D)

6. B)

(7 – 8):
7. B)
8. D)

(9 – 11):
9. E)
10. B)
11. B)